May 5 th
Your Time Left to Give
The Team at Elevate Phoenix is staying in touch with our students by spending time with them virtually to let them know they are cared for even though we can’t be together during this time.
Teacher/mentors have made deliveries wearing masks and gloves while maintaining distance. Here are some of the amazing efforts by Elevate staff and our teacher/mentors:
- Laptops donated by our partners at AZ Reach, Fry’s Foods Gift cards, food and toilet paper!
- Birthday surprises including a drink from Starbuck’s, cupcakes, baby wipes and games for siblings.
- Virtual Bingo, facials, games and other connections via Computer and FaceTime.
- Easter cupcakes made virtually and alumni interns working virtually.
- 8 Kids got McDonald’s for lunch on Good Friday for participating in assignments online during the week.
- Videos from one of our students demonstrating her leadership skills by teaching her siblings the quality of caring…we’ll be sharing this story on our blog soon.
- Awarded a $500 gift from “Stand Together” to a family in need.
- Elevate Staff packed 1,152 food boxes in 2 hours at St. Mary’s Food Bank.
Our kids greatest need to further their education are laptops and Wi-Fi access at home.
Delivering Laptops to Our Students
How we are STILL making a difference:
- We are ensuring that all of our students have access to daily meals.
- We are answering their questions and supporting them in any way possible.
- We are staying in touch through calls, texts, email, FaceTime and social media.
- We are working relentlessly to secure devices, which will allow our students to continue their education, uninterrupted, on an online platform.
- We plan on having ‘virtual’ classes to teach life skills and mentoring during a time when it may be needed most.
Let’s continue to be a beacon of hope and stability for the kids and families we serve when they need it most.
We appreciate all of our supporters during these challenging times.
Elevate Phoenix is focused on looking up and looking forward.
Our Character Qualities and Life Skills
- Vision 8. Career Mindedness
- Courage 9. Communication
- Respect 10. Leadership
- Caring 11. Problem Solving
- Responsibility 12. Decision Making
- Positive Work Ethic 13. Goal Setting